If you’re no stranger to sinus infections, facial pain and headaches, hoarseness, and congestion, you’ve probably gone to your family physician. While you may find temporary relief, the problem keeps coming back. For a more permanent solution, people are looking to their Ears, Nose & Throat Doctor (ENT). 

Here are a few reasons to see an ENT

Chronic Sinusitis 

This is a very common condition here in Central Florida. If you have sinus inflammation for 12 weeks or more, it’s time to see an ENT doctor. By this time, it is often resistant to conservative or over the counter treatment. An ENT can help with a getter treatment plan tailored for your situation. 

Repeated Ear Infections 

Whether you are a child or adult, ear infections can be very painful. There are a number of kinds of ear infections. The most popular, otitis media, occurs behind the eardrum, in the middle ear.

Constant pain or repeated infections could be a sign of something more serious and should be seen by an ENT. 

Prolonged Hoarseness 

Bronchitis or a common cold can lead a person hoarse, bit if it prolongs, lasts longer than 6 weeks, it is time to see an ENT. Prolonged hoarseness can indicate other serious issues.  More testing should be done to rule them out.

Multiple cases of Tonsillitis

Tonsillitis is inflammation or infection of the tonsils. It can be caused by bacteria or a virus. It typically isn’t accompanied by a runny nose or congestion like colds.  But typically presents with swollen tonsils and lymph nodes. The tonsils may have yellow or white spots and you will likely have trouble swallowing.

With tonsillitis, the voice may change as a result of swelling and you may develop bad breath. Be sure to see your Orlando Ear, Nose, and Throat if your sore throat is making sleeping or breathing difficult, is accompanied by a fever over 100 degrees Fahrenheit or a rash.


Back to Blog

With 3 convenient locations across the Orlando area, we’re never far away.

Find your ENT Request Appointment
Contact us media
Accessibility: If you are vision-impaired or have some other impairment covered by the Americans with Disabilities Act or a similar law, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to using this website, please contact our Accessibility Manager at .